Experienced Foundation staff work with people and families to make giving easy and effective, identifying specific charitable organizations doing work in their area of interest. To help make effective charitable choices, the Foundation offers the following services:
- Matching people and families’ charitable interests to community needs;
- Expert grant making assistance locally and nationally through a network of community foundations;
- Educational programs on charitable giving;
- Network of donors to share interests and leverage support for organizations and causes;
- Assistance in developing a philanthropic focus; and
- Efficient and highly cost-effective administrative services.
One contribution can address a number of different needs and/or charitable organizations.
Contributions qualify for maximum deductions for income, gift, and estate purposes.
The Foundation’s professional staff and voluntary board provide careful administration and oversight.
The funds will serve the community now and in the future because only the earnings are spent.
All assets are held in perpetuity with careful stewardship of all gifts.
If the intended use of a gift should ever become obsolete, the Foundation will strive to follow your wishes while allowing for changes that occur in every viable community.
Annual independent auditing, public disclosure of all grant activities, and careful selection of board members assure accountability and transparency in the public interest.
Your fund is reinvesting every single year in a greater community.
Your family members can remain engaged in local philanthropy in the community in which they were raised even if they live outside of the La Crosse area.
Community foundations are the most cost effective way to support your community.