The June Kjome Justice and Peace Fund at La Crosse Community Foundation was established in 2013 to support educational efforts in the La Crosse area which encourage community members to be informed about, and active in, issues of justice and peace at the local, national and international levels.
Funds may be awarded to organizations proposing to implement educational efforts in the La Crosse area that address root causes of injustice and promote peace. Educational efforts may include conferences, workshops, retreats, community conversation, and other events or projects which address any or all of the following criteria:
- Educate the community in understanding forms and mechanisms of oppression/discrimination
- Encourage advocacy or action in fields of human rights, social, economic or environmental justice
- Promote awareness and knowledge of cultural and ethnic diversity and inclusivity
- Provide support to professionals in justice seeking fields
- Encourage new generations to devote their lives to social justice
Maximum annual award: $4,000
For 2017 funds, applications open on January 2 and are due on February 17; awards will be made by early April. All follow-up reports from any previous La Crosse Community Foundation grants must be returned for any new applications to be reviewed.
To apply, contact Jamie at the Foundation at (608) 782-3223 ext. 23. You must receive an application access code to start an application.
Click to Apply (if between Jan. 2 and Feb. 17)