La Crosse Community Foundation is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Accountant. This NEW position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with other team members to enhance the organization’s ability to accomplish its mission and goals, specifically maintaining, monitoring, and reporting financial, accounting and investment information in adherence with the Foundation’s policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles. Full job description is below.
PAY & BENEFITS
Pay will be commensurate to experience and the median average wage of comparable positions at similar sized community foundations in the Midwest ($20.00 to $24.04/hr). Benefits include a generous stipend in lieu of health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, hazardous weather pay, 403B retirement plan match up to 5%, annual increases, and personal and professional advancement opportunities. All team members are expected to spend some of their weekly hours in the office, but have the flexibility to work from home when needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the ranking questions below and submit with a resume to Erin Belby, Chief Operating Officer, La Crosse Community Foundation, 401 Main Street, Ste 205, La Crosse, WI, 54601 or email@example.com. Questions can be directed to Erin by email or calling 608-782-3223.
- Describe your accounting experience, and if applicable, your experience in the non-profit or charitable sector. For example, include duties and reporting responsibilities and accounting systems you’ve worked with in previous roles.
- Describe your strengths as they relate to the core competencies of this position: Analytical, Detail-Oriented, Adaptable, Integrity, Focused.
- Describe how you approach building a new process to meet a specific objective. Include relevant examples you might have from previous roles.
APPLICATION PACKET DEADLINE
Posted 7/20/22. Review of applications will begin immediately, and position will remain open until it is filled. Interviews are anticipated to begin the week of August 8. Ideally the candidate will be available to begin work in September 2022.
FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION
This 0.5 FTE position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The accountant manages the accounting, fund administration, and cash flows of the Foundation. This position is responsible for maintaining, monitoring, and reporting financial, accounting and investment information in adherence with the Foundation’s policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles.
Core Competencies & Attributes
Analytical | Detail Oriented | Adaptable | Integrity | Focused
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Administration and Accounting Duties
- Perform accounting functions as needed to ensure adequate the segregation of duties for internal control purposes, including recording receipts, cutting checks, reconciliation and allocation processes for all Foundation accounts and funds
- Prepare and present accurate financial reports
- Assist with annual budgeting and planning process with COO
- Manage organizational cash flow and transfers of gifts and grants funding from checking to/from investment accounts
- Coordinate and assist with annual audit and Form 990 process; liaise with external auditors
- Assist the Foundation to meet state and federal compliance laws and Council on Foundations Standards for Community Foundations
- Investment Related Duties
- Assist COO to track and review investment holdings and performance
- Allocate investment income to fund balances based on account holdings and revenue share methodology
- Fund Administration
- Prepare spending calculations and ensure accuracy of spendable balances
- Perform quarterly assessment of administrative fees
- Prepare and ensure the accuracy of quarterly fund statements
- Manage and support strategic projects
- Participate in ongoing strategy development and implementation
- Support team cohesion and coordination
- Attend all staff meetings and other events as requested by the COO
- Respond to colleague’s needs when information, support or coverage is needed
- Model the values of the Foundation
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the accountant. The accountant will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other duties requested by the COO.
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and demonstrated experience in:
- An associate’s degree in accounting is preferred, but commensurate experience will be considered
- Experience in a non-profit accounting/book keeping
- Experience managing the quality and content of financial data
- Success working collaboratively to assess organizational needs and implement effective process improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated initiative, drive and a track record of getting things done
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills and experience, including database management
- Team player who is flexible to changing priorities and thrives in an “all hands-on deck” day-to-day office environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission and guiding principles of La Crosse Community Foundation