Step 1: Contact us
Before beginning a grant application you must contact our program director to discuss your request so she can provide you with an access code to the most appropriate grant application form that best suits your needs.
- Qualify your organization as eligible to apply,
- confirm access to the online grant portal, and
- provide an access code for the correct application form.
You will need:
- A basic description for what your organization would like funded by a LCF grant
- A ballpark amount your organization would like to request
Please contact Katie well in advance of a deadline to give yourself plenty of time to work on the application. The program director’s role is to help applicants submit the best proposal possible, so never hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Program Director Contact Information:
Katie Berkedal | firstname.lastname@example.org | (608) 782-3223 ext. 23
Step 2: Prepare and submit your proposal online
Grant applications must be submitted through our online grant system. Access to the system is available by clicking the ‘Applicant and Grantee Login’ button below. There is also a link to login on our homepage, located in the upper right-hand corner.
Other helpful information:
Grant applications can be submitted any time. The grants committee evaluates and awards requests quarterly utilizing the following deadlines:
- January 15 for decisions in February
- April 15 for decisions in May
- July 15 for decisions in August
- October 15 for decisions in November
Review & Evaluation Process
Staff and the grants committee review and score competitive grant requests, and send recommendations to the full board for ultimate approval.
Click here to review the Evaluation Scoring Rubric Tool utilized by staff and committee members for grant evaluations.
Grant Application Forms
2021 standard grant question list (for requests over $7,500)
2021 mini grant question list (for requests $7,500 or less)
Click the button below to begin an online application:
*Remember: Once logged in, you will still need an access code from the Program Director to start the correct application form