June Kjome Justice & Peace Grant Now Accepting Proposals
February 26, 2020
|By Katie Berkedal, Program Director|
The June Kjome Justice & Peace Fund at La Crosse Community Foundation is currently accepting grant applications for 2020 grant awards. Applications must be submitted online and are due April 15, 2020. Decisions will be made and announced in mid-May. $5,900 is available for 2020 grant awards. The Foundation’s normal eligibility criteria applies (must be a qualified 501(c)3 organization, government entity or educational institution serving La Crosse County).
No access code is needed to apply.
The June Kjome Justice and Peace Fund was established in 2013 and supports educational efforts in the La Crosse area that encourage community members to be informed about, and active in, issues of justice and peace at the local, national and international levels.
Funds may be awarded to organizations or groups proposing to implement educational efforts in the La Crosse area that address root causes of injustice and promote peace. Educational efforts may include conferences, workshops, retreats, community conversations, and other events that address any or all of the following criteria:
- Educate the community in understanding forms and mechanisms of oppression/discrimination
- Encourage advocacy or action in fields of human rights, social, economic or environmental justice
- Promote awareness and knowledge of cultural and ethnic diversity and inclusivity
- Provide support to professionals in justice-seeking fields
- Encourage new generations to devote their lives to social justice
The maximum award amount is $4,000. Proposals due April 15, 2020 by 11:59 PM.
Questions? Contact our Program Director Katie Berkedal at 608-782-3223 ex. 23 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to pass on this grant opportunity to anybody you think would be interested in applying.