Peer Specialists: What They Do and Why They Started
The La Crosse County Chapter of NAMI welcomes you to join their educational session on Peer Specialists: What They Do and Why They Started.
A panel of five Peer Specialists with different roles who work in La Crosse County will share what led them to choose this type of work, and talk about what they do to help individuals enter the workforce who face mental health and/or substance use challenges.
Panel members include:
- Erica Moutsopoulos (Independent Living Resources, Inc. – RAVE Drop-in Center)
- Nick Piojda (Tellurian, Inc. – CARE Center crisis diversion facility)
- Katie Kress (Independent Living Resources, Inc. – state-wide coordinator for Peer run drop-in centers)
- Kimberly Richards-Marquez (Family & Children’s Center – Community Support Program)
- Sara Honadel (Independent Living Resources, Inc. – works with youth)