The 22nd Annual La Crosse Child Maltreatment Conference
We hope you will take advantage of the remarkable lineup of national and regional experts in the field of child protection and the opportunity to cultivate ongoing working relationships with professionals who share a passion for children and working with families to address children’s safety needs.
The conference will be of special interest to frontline child abuse professionals including:
• child advocacy center staff • prosecutors • school personnel
• child protection workers • forensic interviewers • emergency response personnel
• medical and mental health professionals • law enforcement • victim and witness advocates
• Explore and garner understanding of child development and investigate key aspects of memory
• Recognize “sentinel injuries” to improve recognition and response to child abuse/neglect
• Identify the effects of child maltreatment & low wealth on all learning
• Discuss how substance use and recovery impact children’s welfare and safety needs
• Explain what constitutes sex trafficking and identify important aspects of screening and response
Registration fee includes tuition, meals and conference materials. Advance registration is required and must be received no later than April 27.