Charitable funds at La Crosse Community Foundation provide a simple, powerful and highly personal approach to giving. The process is easy, and we offer a variety of Types of Funds to meet your specific needs.
Hundreds of community members throughout our region have already established funds with La Crosse Community Foundation to support causes they care about. Browse Our Funds for a full list of funds.
How it Works
- You determine your charitable purpose or intent.
- Select the Type of Fund that best supports your purpose. Our staff will outline your options and discuss advantages of each.
- Complete a simple fund agreement. Our staff will draft and individualize the document that makes your intentions clear.
- Select a name for your fund. You can use your name, the name of a family member, or the name of a favorite cause–or choose a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
- Depending on the type of fund you establish, you may designate current fund advisors such as yourself and spouse, and successor advisors such as your children.
- Provide an irrevocable contribution of personal assets to start the fund. See Ways To Give Now for the types of contributions you can make. A minimum gift of $10,000 (which can be paid over multiple years) is required to establish a fund.
- Receive a tax deduction at the time the fund is established and when additional contributions are made to the fund.
- Your fund is endowed (although non-endowed fund options do exist) where it grows to support your cause or charitable organizations forever.
- The foundation takes a nominal, annual fee to manage and administer the fund in perpetuity. A portion of our annual fee revenue is also allocated for additional grants made for La Crosse community needs.
Once your fund is established, you can:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount (anyone can add to your fund at anytime)
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged—whether in the name of the fund or anonymously
- If you’ve established a donor-advised fund, you may recommend distributions to charities that meet IRS standards of accountability
Contact the Foundation to start the process today. Call Petra at (608) 782-3223 ext. 22 or complete the form below.