The Foundation encourages competitive grant applications for results-oriented projects and programs that address a proven community need or priority that is aimed at making La Crosse County a better place now and for future generations.
The Foundation’s Board of Directors are primarily interested in funding promising or established programs or projects that are operated by well-managed organizations in our eight program areas: Arts & Humanities, Culture & Diversity, Education, Environment, Faith, Health & Human Services, Recreation & Wellness, and Community Improvement. Our Board of Directors prefer requests that align with the following:
- Seek to meet a new or growing need felt by a broad segment of the community
- Offer lasting value that can be demonstrated through measurable results
- Include a realistic sustainability plan for funding post LCF support (if project is ongoing)
- Promote collaboration among agencies, without duplicating services
- Includes additional funding partners
Proposals for the following needs are discouraged, and typically fall outside of our competitive granting priorities:
- Annual event sponsorships
- Continued funding for previously funded requests
- Capital campaigns* (we’d prefer to fund programming needs)
- Deficient funding
- Endowments (to establish or build)
- On-going administrative/operating costs of large, well-established organizations
- Travel for individuals or groups
*Call to speak with the program director about your campaign plans to determine the best plan for seeking funding during your campaign.