21 reasons to start a fund in 2021
January 21, 2021
|By Jamie Schloegel, Executive Director|
Need a reason to start a fund? We have 21!
Today is 1/21/21, so we decided it’s a perfect time to give you 21 reasons to start a fund in 2021!
We have so many giving options at the community foundation, and starting a fund is easy, fast, and fun!
If you are thinking you might start a fund in 2021, here are 21 great reasons to make it happen:
- When you start a fund, it’s not a one-time gift that gets spent right away and forgotten. Your fund becomes part of who you are and the legacy you leave behind
- You receive personalized service from our team’s knowledge of what’s happening in the community that’s meeting needs right now
- Whether it be specific nonprofits, or a cause you’re passionate about, you decide who benefits from your fund
- Your fund will support your favorite causes forever
- You can use your fund to be part of something bigger in the community by pooling your grants with others’ for major impact
- You can start a fund with any amount!
- We understand how to leverage giving to maximize tax advantages
- A variety of gift types can be used to start a fund (stock, non cash or real estate, estate gifts)
- You can be confident your fund will be used exactly the way you want
- You pick how much control you have over who your fund benefits
- What a feel-good way to start a fresh, new year
- You can pass your fund’s advising privileges down to your children, or anyone you choose
- Private giving is the best way to fill the gaps in government support to address critical community needs
- It feels awesome to give, especially to a community you love
- We are waiting to work with you! We love partnering with all of our fund holders to do good together here
- Your fund stays local. We are local and our trustee is local.
- Your fund, if endowed, will help build permanent community capital
- You can be sure your fund is used the way you want, as our highly sophisticated fiduciary oversight ensures that gifts are stewarded to the highest standards
- You will get opportunities to see your gifts at work (we tour nonprofits with fund holders… and it’s super fun)
- Endowment funds are the most sustainable way to give (see pic at the bottom)
- We work one-on-one with fund holders, not just once, but always because nothing makes us happier than to serve as your ally in doing great work for the community